Our rebuild technique involves connecting the ECU to our proprietary diagnostic test stations that provides all sensor and actuator signals as if the ECU was connected directly to the vehicle. Our custom testing system enables our technicians to simulate driving and environmental conditions to ensure that multiple modes of operation are tested. As part of our rebuild process, where necessary, other elements of the controller are brought up to date with the newest state-of-the-art components.
We encourage European 928 S4 & GTS owners to contact our friends Paul & Theo at: http://928-ecu-repair.com
Theo's Wepage is full of useful informaiton and tips http://jenniskens.livedsl.nl
For all kinds of fun information please visit my friend Tom's website at:
We encourage Porsche 928 owners to join the 928 Owners Club www.928oc.org
We have been in business since 2003 keeping Porsche 928s on the road.
We know Porsche 928s like no other company! Electronik Repair Inc. is owned and operated by a Porsche enthusiast who owns four 928s.
No start condition - don't know why? Send your LH fuel injection module, EZF or EZK spark module and/or Mass Air Flow meter. We'll advise how to get your car running again.
The most common cause of LH-Jetronic ECU failure for the 2nd LH 2.3 generation 1987 - 1995 LH Jetronic is the hybrid control circuit. Our hybrid circuit replacement provides substantially improved characteristics such as lower power consumption and most importantly incorporates fail-safe functions that makes it practically impossible for the complete failure of the replacement circuit, and thus reduces ths failure mode of the ECU.
Common symptoms of a failing LH injection module
- Fuel injection valves click when the ignition turned is on and engine is not running
- Engine will not run at idle
- Air-fuel mixture is too rich (this can damage catalytic converters)
- No fuel pump operation, but the fuel pump operates when its relay is jumpered
- The engine will not rev higher than 3000 RPM
- A/T cars: no idle speed regulation when switching between drive gears and neutral or park
- Engine will not start, spark plugs are dry and the ignition system produces spark.
Common symptom of a failing MAF
- Low power and slow acceleration
- Proper air/fuel ratio cannot be maintained (either too rich or too lean)
- Model year 1984 - 1986 Euro/ROW and US Model year 1995 - 1996 base CO cannot be set
- No start
Common symptom of a failing Cruise Control Module 928 617 127 00 928-617-127-00
- Will accelerate, but will not hold speed
- Sometimes holds speed but drops out
- No action when control arm is pushed to accelerate